Dear Sophia and Classmates,
I am sure I am among the many students whom have (almost) finished the entirety of the course. Maybe it would be nice if we all make a list of which subjects we would like to see covered in the future? I invite my fellow students to contribute. Thank you.
PS. I hope this doesn’t come across as rude. I am just putting some ideas out there. This is in no way a list of demands.
- How to do pH/acidity testing with strips?
- How to wash paper? For a little shade (bleaching), de-acidification, reducing stains, and maintaining inscriptions.
- How to size paper?
- How to leaf cast?
- How to dry-clean? For example with smoke sponges, and eraser crumbs.
- How to build up corners with Japanese tissue? Basically how to paper mould; edges and such.
- How to re-attach cords?
- How to re-sew entire books? Variations in styles and such.
- How to copy (marbled paper, pages, and illustrations) for re-productions? Especially how it is done on the computer side of things.
- How to replace endbands?
- How to repair vellum books?
- How to remove the plastic from laminated covers?
- How to replace wooden board corners?
- How to replace a paper spine (from a hardback) with a paper spine?
- How to do more (leather) restorations? Level up from repairs.
- How to treat fire damage?