Page Repair: How to Fill in Losses Along Page Edges
With only Japanese tissue and paste it is easy to make a page whole again. It can be hard to fill in losses (holes) in a page when they occur right near the inner margin.
- Type of Paper in Demonstration: Typical paper from the 1900s
- Issue: Loss in page along an edge
- Treatment: Fill in the loss with Japanese tissue
- Tools and Materials: Page Repair Kit
- 15 Minutes of Video
- PERPETUAL CAVEAT: Never repair rare and/or scarce books. When in doubt only do preservation treatments and consult an accredited professional.