2-205: Correct Slanted Book Spines: Advanced ~ $9.99
How to Correct Slanted Book Spines: Advanced
Slanted book spines occur when books are kept in a slanted position over a long period of time and the humidity and heat make the adhesive relax and then re-form in the new shape.
This is an advanced method of repairing slanted book spines that also accomplishes re-lining the spine and strengthening it with new materials. This method only works for books with intact covers. Be sure to watch the end of the video for a much easier, quick and dirty method (not recommended for delicate books).
- Type of Book: Case-bound, book-cloth
- Issue: slanted or cocked spine
- Treatment: remove intact cover, re-line the spines and replace cover
- Step by step Instructions
- 20 Minutes of Videos
- PERPETUAL CAVEAT: Never repair rare and/or scarce books. When in doubt only do preservation treatments and consult an accredited professional.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 80
- Assessments Yes