2-118b: Make a Hollow for Book Repairs ~ $0.99
How to Make a Hollow for Book Repairs
- Step by Step Instructions
- 6 Minutes of Video: shows how to make a two on, two off hollow which is used in many book repair and bookbinding applications.
Tools and Materials
- Archival paper that is smooth. Measure four and a half times the width of the book and add at least a quarter inch to the height of the book.
- PVA glue like Jade 403. Make sure the glue has some “slip-time”. That means adding paste or water or methyl cellulose to the glue so it won’t dry too quickly.
- Book press, Bone folder, waste paper, brush for glue, scissors or book repair knife.
- Optional: iron and baking parchment
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 81
- Assessments Yes
So helpful! But...
This is incredibly helpful information! It would be really nice to have diagrams with the text so that we don't have to re-enroll to watch the video again if we need the information.