How to Make a Hollow for Book Repairs
- Step by Step Instructions
- 6 Minutes of Video: shows how to make a two on, two off hollow which is used in many book repair and bookbinding applications.
Tools and Materials
- Archival paper that is smooth. Measure four and a half times the width of the book and add at least a quarter inch to the height of the book.
- PVA glue like Jade 403. Make sure the glue has some “slip-time”. That means adding paste or water or methyl cellulose to the glue so it won’t dry too quickly.
- Book press, Bone folder, waste paper, brush for glue, scissors or book repair knife.
- Optional: iron and baking parchment
oopswelp, this is NOT how I made my first hollow, but I will definitely do this in the future
So helpful! But...This is incredibly helpful information! It would be really nice to have diagrams with the text so that we don't have to re-enroll to watch the video again if we need the information.