2-104a: Repair a Damaged Book Corner
How to Repair a Damaged Book Corner
How to repair a damaged book corner using archival methods and materials. Rice starch paste and Japanese tissues with a little bit of acrylic paint to touch up.
- Type of Book: Cloth-bound book from Old Victorian Cloth to Modern Buckrams
- Issue: bumped, bent or delaminating corner issues
- Treatment: Surgically cut the cloth, pry open the layers of board, paste and press.
- Step by Step Instructions following the Save Your Books’ Book Repair Guidelines
- Tools and Materials: If you have the Basic Book Repair Kit, Page Repair Kit and Level One Tools and Materials List you are all set.
- 7 Minutes of Video
- PERPETUAL CAVEAT: Never repair rare and/or scarce books. When in doubt only do preservation treatments and consult an accredited professional.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Students 29
- Assessments Yes