Here are some Book Tape Tips to help you repair your books.
Step by step:
- Reattach a flapping book spine
- Japanese tissues / papers and paste or Glue
- Painters tape is a low-tack tape
- If you do use Packing tape: Cut it in half. Attach it and cut to approximate height and then cut smaller.
- Attach the tape half on the spine and half sticking up over the cover.
- Fold it in half to create a hinge.
- Carefully replace the spine onto the tape hinge.
- Trim ends of tape
- Cover the sticky tape that is exposed.
- Using paper or tissues you can color to match if you like.