Save Your Books’ Book Repair Guidelines
These are book repair guidelines rather than rules. While this looks like a list to follow, not every book will need every point applied. Each book needs to be examined separately and what you choose to do from this list may change for each repair. The following guidelines are a sort of hierarchy to consider for each book.
- No Video
- PERPETUAL CAVEAT: Never repair rare and/or scarce books. When in doubt only do preservation treatments and consult an accredited professional.
- Click the “Curriculum” Tab to get to the Lesson
Included in the Lesson:
- The Hierarchy: Clean, Color, Correct, Paste, Protect.
- The explanation of why the hierarchy works with some examples of how if can be applied.
- Examples of how the book repair guidelines can be implied
When you have finished this lesson. I recommend the one on whether or not to use glue or paste for repairs. 1-206 Book Repair Glue or Paste
Must I leave a review each time I've finished a course?Must I leave a review each time I've finished a course, in order to receive a 'passing' mark?
1-101: Book Repair GuidelinesGreat Place to Begin