Book Restoration Unveiled, An Essential Guide for Bibliophiles
By: Sophia S.W. Bogle. Everything you need to know to preserve the value of your books when considering repair, preservation or restoration.
Through personal stories, illustrations, and in-depth intervies with book experts, the world of book restoration is laid out so that every book lover can find their way. Book Restoration Unveiled is not another how-to repair manual. Instead, it is a map to the who, what, when, where, and why of restoration. Book Restoration Unveiled was written to illuminate a shadowy topic in the book world, to bridge the gap between conservators and collectors, and to encourage all of us to preserve our books for future generations.
Shop: Book Repair Supplies to purchase the Print to Sew Version
- Chapter 1) A Brief History of Book Collecting and Restoration
- Chapter 2) Is it Worth it? The Value of Book Restoration
- Chapter 3) Book Lovers, Book Collectors, and Book Dealers
- Chapter 4) Bookbinders, Book Restorers, and Book Conservators
- Chapter 5) How to Identify Book Restorations
- Chapter 6) Book Damage and Treatment Options
- Chapter 7) Facsimiles, Sophistication and Fraud
- Chapter 8) Buying and Selling Restored Books
"Sophia’s expert guidance is an invaluable resource for those wondering what to do next when faced with some of the most difficult questions for book collectors; from whether or not to restore a particular volume, to how to go about having it done, offering advice and fun examples from within the world of book collecting" ~Denny Magers of Magers & Quinn Booksellers
Author Bio: Sophia is an expert in book restoration with a diploma from the American Academy of Bookbinding and over twenty five years of training and experience. In addition to her restoration work, she is passionate about teaching archival methods of book repair. She lives in Ashland, Oregon and when she is not restoring books, writing books, or making archival book repair videos, she likes to sip single malt Scotch while hula hooping.